Kids' Jigsaw Puzzle Club
Because you can't keep buying more and more jigsaw puzzles.
There are only so many times a child can play with a set of jigsaw puzzle. It loses the excitement after a while. Then what do you do? Buy more sets? They add up. And, we all live in New York apartments, don't we?
Here is the solution: share the puzzles with other like-minded parents!
HOW IT WORKS:
- Members pay in $10/year – goes towards buying jigsaw puzzles.
- Members bring in their unwanted jigsaw puzzles into the pot.
- Members meet once a month at babyNOIR: First Saturday morning of the month
- Every month, each member takes home 2 sets of puzzles.
- Each member is responsible for keeping the puzzle pieces intact. When one or more pieces go missing, the member is to inform the host.
- When a member receives the jigsaw puzzle with missing pieces, he/she is to inform the host.
- babyNOIR keeps the record of circulation.
- Each “level” needs at least 3 members to initiate.
- Levels: 2-3yr(4-12pc), 3-5yr(12-50pc), 6/8yr(100-200pc), 8/10yr(300pc), 10yr+(500pc)
- When a set has one or more pieces missing, it gets a sticker with number of pieces missing. When too many pieces are missing from it, the set gets taken out of circulation.
- Any member who loses pieces to 3 sets of Jigsaw puzzles donates $10.
WHY JIGSAW PUZZLE?
1. Jigsaw puzzles are good for kids’ developments.
a. Hand-eye coordination
b. Analytical skills
c. Spatial skills
d. Abstract thoughts
e. Problem-solving skills
f. Reasoning skills
g. Attention span
2. Each child needs several sets of jigsaw puzzles, and they can take up space and resources.
3. To make new friends